Monday, February 04, 2008

Van Halen---still rockin' the house!

Went to see Van Halen last Friday Feb. 1st at the Pepsi Center in Denver with my Sweetie Pie and our friends Chris and Kim. OMG...awesome show! Opened with "Running With The Devil"...closed with "Jump!" Sooo many fabulous songs in between!

Highlights:

1. The people watching: okay...let's just say...not everyone has left the 80s behind! Big hair (guys and girls), fishnets, even saw a girl in a mini skirt and leg warmers! So laughing! Also...there were guys dressed in "costume" as David Lee Roth and Eddie Van Halen circa 1984!

2. I don't get high...but...there were many there who obviously still do...permeating the air. So... it might have entered my nostrils just a bit.

3. The 30 something guy in front of us...priceless! The entire two hours that VH played....he was singing every word at the top of his lungs...playing air guitar and air drums...almost on his date's head! Then...he kept turning around and high-fiving us. Hysterical! Also...most surprising...he was wearing a plaid button down over a turtleneck...was working up such a sweat that he had to remove both and lo and behold....he was soooo cut! I mean mega guns! My friend Kim and I were completely in shock...never would have guessed it.

4. David Lee Roth...had his shirt open or off most of the time. ABS OF STEEL!!! Again...shocking!

5. Wolfie (Wolfgang) Van Halen rocking on stage with his dad! And....he can play the bass guitar very well!

6. The 15 minute guitar solo by EVH....unbelievable! No one can play the guitar like he does! No one!

7. So many great songs..."Ice Cream Man", "You Really Got Me", "Jamie's Crying", "Somebody Get Me A Doctor", "Beautiful Girls", "And The Cradle Will Rock", and of course..."Panama", "I'll Wait", and "Hot For Teacher" and many many others. So many memories from my Jr. High and High School days.

So, when I figure out how to get the pics off my blackjack...I will add them to the blog soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I always loved Van Halen. I had the poster of DLR in the assless chaps on my wall way back when. Of course, my mother just lovvved it.

Can't wait for the pics!