Thursday, October 04, 2007

Thursday Thirteen - 13 Places I Most Want to Visit


Thirteen places I most want to visit before I die (in no particular order):

1. Paris, France - first because I've already been to Paris, Arkansas and Paris, Texas, and I don't think they measure up to the history and architecture found in France. Second, because I spent 3 years in high school and 4 semesters in college studying French, but have never gotten the chance to use it as a necessity. I really want to go all over France, but first I must see Paris!

2. Austria - I love the movie "The Sound of Music" and have always wanted to see Austria. Ditto on the history, architecture and fantastic music!

3. Germany - Okay...I understand they have good beer and food! Actually, one of my college French instructors was from Germany, and I would love to see the beautiful country and also the big cities.

4. Italy - again...good food and great wine! Fabulous history and architecture!

5. Greece - the history & architecture, mythology, and the food!

6. England - don't know about the food....yorkshire pudding?? However, again, the history and architecture...my college Humanities professor would be proud!
Oh yeah...can't forget...birtplace of The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, & Eric Clapton!

7. Ireland - U2, Irish pubs, rolling green countryside...this has to be a good country...well, other than the centuries old war raging between the catholics and protestants.

8. Scotland - First of all, I love plaids. Second, men in kilts...that is if they have great legs!

9. Egypt - wow....pyramids, tombs, and hieroglyphics!

10. Africa - amazing cultures and history, breathtaking landscapes, and wild animals!

11. Switzerland - The Alps...enough said!

12. Russia - Czars and Czarinas,and unbelievable history and architecture.

13. Brazil - Blame it on Rio...great cities, great food, and a fascinating jungle!


There are definitely other places I want to go, but these really top my list!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I second your list. All seem like such great places to visit! I'd pick Greece over the others though, if I had to pick just one.

However, at this point just going anywhere for a day or two would be marvelous!

Unknown said...

Austria is gorgeous. The people who own the Von Trapp's house no longer let the tour visit their home, so you have to make due just seeing the other Salzburg sites.

Your #8 is my #1. I am mad for those wily Scots. And I am mad for plaid.