Thursday, November 15, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #2 - 13 Live Concerts I've Attended


1. Billy Idol - Rebel Yell Tour- Summer 1984 - Houston's AstroWorld Ampitheatre - with my friend Kerry and her older brother -this was my first concert when I was 13...what were my parents thinking??? However, I had a great time! You can't forget "White Wedding" and "Dancing With Myself".



2. The LIFE Benefit Concert in LA (Love Is Feeding Everyone) featuring Jefferson Starship (or Airplane...whichever), El DeBarge (um...ok...what can I say), Rick Springfield (Jesse's Girl) and Cheech Marin (Born in East L.A.) - Spring 1986 - with my 'rents, brother, and sister. Okay....I've always thought Rick Springfield was cute so I risked embarrasment of going with the whole family so I could see/hear him.

3. The Cure - Summer 1986 - Houston's AstroWorld Ampitheatre -with my friend Katrina - we won tickets on the radio! "Charlotte Sometimes", "Hanging Garden", & "Close To Me" were some favorites of the day...

4. Randy Travis, Tammy Wynette & The Judds - 1988 (I think) - S'port Hirsch Coliseum - with my friend Wendy and her mom! Did not really know many songs then, but we had a blast! I have always liked country and still do.

5. Poison - Spring 1989 - S'port Hirsch Coliseum (#5, #6, & #13 are throwbacks to my "big hair" rock band faze)


6. Warrant - 1991 (I think...) - Fayetteville, AR - with my brother Derek (Remember the song "Cherry Pie"???)


7. The Cure - Wish - Summer 1992 - Dallas - with my brother Derek & his friends - Some favs: "Pictures of You", "Lovesong", "Friday I'm In Love", "To Wish Impossible Things".

8. James Taylor - Fall 1994 - OKC - with my friend J.B - "Sweet Baby James", "Something In The Way She Moves", "Country Road", "You've Got a Friend".

9. ZZ Top - mid to late 90's - Tulsa - with my husband Scott - "Cheap Sunglasses", "Velcro Fly", "Sharp Dressed Man", "Legs", and others well-known to fans...

10. Elton John - Peachtree Road Tour - March 2005 - Dallas - with my husband Scott - "Daniel", "Crocodile Rock", "Your Song", "Rocket Man", "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road"

11. U2 - Vertigo Tour - Oct. 2005 - Dallas - with my husband Scott - okay...hands down just about every song they have ever recorded! By far one of my favorite all-time bands! I have listened to them since I was about 13 or 14 (early eighties).

12. Duran Duran - Astronaut Tour - Feb. 2005 - Dallas - with my friend Pam. These boys are just beautiful! Favs: "Rio""Girls on Film", "Hungry Like the Wolf", "My Own Way", "Save a Prayer", "Is There Something I Should Know"....also could go on!

13. Bon Jovi - Have a Nice Day Tour - Jan. 2006 - Dallas - with my friend Dawn. I have loved this band since the release of "Runaway". I loved them with their big hair, and I love them even more with their shorter hair. Favorites: "Runaway", "In & Out of Love", "Wanted Dead or Alive", "I'd Die For You", "I'll Be There For You", "Last Man Standing", "Last Cigarette", "Story of My Life", "Lost Highway", "We Got It Going On", "Make A Memory"...obvisously I could keep going!




These are not all of the concerts I have been to in my lifetime so far, but I could only list 13. I hope some of these take you back for a minute or two today...enjoy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Come check out the matchbox twenty fan club, its a fiasco , a hannah montana moment if you will!

Nice Thursday post, hope you are having a nice day! I just posted my Thursday Thirteen with a few add-ons! Please stop by my blog if you can!

Anonymous said...

I've seen 5, 6 & 13. The first time I saw Bon Jovi they were an opening act and their only hit was Runaway.

He ran along the front of the stage and I touched his hand. I never washed that hand again.....