Sunday, January 06, 2008

Night Out to see Jack Ingram

Jack Ingram is a country musician that I actually went to Jr. High and High School with in Texas. He has been playing clubs and other venues throughout Texas since the early 90s, but has just hit it big on the national country scene in the last few years. He was a fixture at Adair's in Dallas and has played Billy Bob's in Fort Worth many times. Also, if you like the movie "Hope Floats", he and his band are the featured band at the barn dance. He just finished a tour opening for Dierks Bentley and earlier this year with Brad Paisley. Not bad for a preppy boy from a suburb of Houston.

Anyway, he was playing a gig at The Grizzly Rose in Denver this weekend, and Scott & I decided to have a date night and go see Jack perform. We met up with one of Scott's employees and her husband. Jack played for about two hours to a packed crowd.



Jack Ingram performing at the Grizzly Rose - 1/5/08


Jack performing one of his biggest hits, "Love You"
(a "country" version of the Hinder hit)


Jack Ingram singing "Barbie Dolls"...good song!





Jack and me after the show...even after almost 20 years
he actually remembered me. So strange that he has "fans"
now! He was our STUCO president and class president, so
not so surprising, I guess...he has always been well-liked.

Check out his webpage and his latest hits at http://www.jackingram.net/

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

That is so cool! He's a cutie to!!!

Anonymous said...

(I apologize if you receive this twice)

Hi! I run the Jack Ingram fan site - BUFG (the one that is listed on his official site under "fans"). I was wondering if you would contact me about some Jack photos I might could use on the website?

I can be reached at - a n d i (at) w i l d g l o b e (d o t) c o m (by removing the spaces, of course.
I would greatly appreciate you letting me know you received this message as I don't know how else to contact you.
Thank you so much!
Andi